Saturday, July 4, 2009

First Night

We are forming routines together, the ducks and us. The flock spent their first night outside in the hut and all went well. Early this morning we moved them outside of the hut (still working on a door to the hut) and they were off foraging. Picking strawberries I realized it was a little too quiet. Checking on the flock, I found them next to the large Rubbermaid tub peeking out at me. I figured they were either foraging in the compost or they were trying to figure out how to get up to the water in the tub. I chose the latter and put them in a for a morning swim, and then they were on to good eats and a nap here and there. I believe this is the beginning of a beautiful relationship- ducks outside and loving life.

Every so often we'll hear the flock moving and talking, which I've learned the louder they become they are looking for one of us. It is very sweet to have a group of ducks waddle up , settle near one of us and continue eating, sitting, or just babbling in their constantly changing duck voices.

No comments:

Post a Comment